- Published on Wednesday, 18 April 2012 14:01
With the ultimate target to turn Latvia and the Baltic Sea region into the cleanest country on the world map by its 100th anniversary – allowing the nature to recover by cleaning it from plastic bottles, rubber tyres, toxic paint cans and other waste, already for the fifth time the grand cleanup event – the Big Cleanup – will be held. Supporting the Big Cleanup the Freeport of Riga Authority invites all people and enterprises to tidy-up Latvia, including the littered places at the Freeport of Riga and the proximal territories on Saturday, 21 April 2012 from 9:00 to 15:00.
Freeport of Riga Authority will be responsible for coordination of the organizational arrangements within territory of the Freeport of Riga, The Authority supports this event and employees of the Freeport of Riga Authority will participate in tidying of the Freeport territory.
We invite you and all employees of the companies operating in the Freeport of Riga to take part in tidying of the Freeport of Riga on the Big Cleanup day. Further information regarding the Big Cleanup is available on the Internet home page www.talkas.lv
Cleanup places within territory of the Freeport of Riga Right bank of the River Daugava
1. Eastern pier – seashore of the Gulf of Riga, banks of Daugava by the Saivas Street, Eastern pier and access road from Mangaļsalas Street
2. Mangaļsalas Street – berth MS-15, its proximal territory up to allotments and private plot of land
3. Kundziņsala bridge – river bay by the bridge on the side of Tvaika Street
4. Kundziņsala – Sarkandaugava bank (Kundziņsala Line 2, Line 3 and bridge embankment on the side of Kundziņsala
5. Uriekstes Street - Left bank of the River Daugava
6. Krēmeri nature protection area – river bank fortification by Voleru Street, road along the Krēmeri nature protection area
7. Zilā Street – territory along Zilā Street and the banks of the River Daugava until berth LP-27
8. Gaigalas Street – railway service zone from Platā Street to the Buļļupe bridge
9. Loču canal – territory from Loču canal up to the embankment
10. Flotes Street – railway service zone from Buļļupe bridge to the territory of SIA „WT terminal”
11. Buļļupe – territory on both sides of Birzes Street along Buļļupe
12. Flotes Street – territory by the Daugavgrīva nature protection area, Western pier and road to the beach
A train with container for the garbage will run on the railway line Zasulauks – Bolderāja.