The Freeport of Riga Authority has become a member of Latvian - Belarusian Economic Relations Promotion Association
- Published on Wednesday, 05 October 2016 12:19
The Freeport of Riga Authority (FPRA) has become a member of the Latvian - Belarusian Economic Relations Promotion Association (LBESVB). Belarus has always been an important partner, of the port of Riga, but now, in connection with the reorientation of Russian cargo to Russian ports, active search of new possibilities of cooperation with Belarus has become particularly important. The Freeport of Riga Authority considers its membership in LBESVB as one of the platforms providing an opportunity to continuously and actively demonstrate the Riga port advantages to Belarus partners, as well as promote a favorable investment climate and the port infrastructure facilities for Belarus cargo transit.
- Published on Wednesday, 28 September 2016 12:14
The Freeport of Riga Authority (RBP) represented the port of Riga at two international cruise industry events – at the exhibition and conference “SeatradeMed” as well as at the conference dedicated to the project “Green Cruise Port - Sustainable Development of Cruise Port Locations”. “SeatradeMed” is the most important European cruise industry event, that takes place every two years, alternating with “SeatradeEurope”. The exhibition and the conference focus on the Mediterranean region, but, given that the Mediterranean Sea is the second largest cruise destination in the world, all major cruise industry players meet at the said event to discuss key issues of the entire cruise industry. Taking part in the Green Cruise Port conference, the Freeport of Riga together with other European cruise ports are working to develop a common regional vision for the improvement of the port environment applying the instruments, provided by the European Funds – research, studies, best practices, etc.
Transport Forum in St. Petersburg - an opportunity to get acquainted with the current issues of Russian transport policy
- Published on Tuesday, 27 September 2016 11:52
Last week, Deputy CEO of the Freeport of Riga - Marketing Director Mr.Edgars Suna represented the Freeport of Riga at IX International Forum “Transport and Transit Potential” in St. Petersburg, Russia. The annual forum is organized by the Russian authorities, that are in charge of transport policy, and aims to develop effective solutions to increase competitiveness of the Russian transport system. The Freeport of Riga Authority representatives are participating in the forum for the second year in order to be aware of current Russian transport policy issues and assess their impact on the Port of Riga.
- Riga Port Vessel Traffic Service Centre takes part in the development of a uniform system for obtaining information from ships in the Baltic Sea region
- Minister of Electronics and Information Technology, Law and Justice of India visited the Freeport of Riga
- High-level officials representing Belarus transport sector visited the Freeport of Riga
- Krievu Sala Project is highly evaluated
- Riga port cargo turnover data show positive trends in the container cargo turnover
- Cooperation issues related to Eurasian logistics supply chain were discussed with the Duisburg Port CEO
- KPMG Baltics will audit the Freeport of Riga Authority
- July - the largest cruise passenger numbers over the last decade
- The Freeport of Riga Authority has implemented all the State Audit Office recommendations on the Krievu Sala project
- The Freeport of Riga: The State Audit Office approach assessing Krievu Sala project is short-sighted and bureaucratic