Introduction of new technologies enhances competitiveness of Riga port companies in the segment of containerized cargo
- Published on Friday, 17 March 2017 12:44
According to the 2016 cargo turnover results the last year has been particularly successful for the port of Riga in the area of container transshipment. Last year, 385.9 thousand TEU of containers were transshipped via the port, which is an increase by 8.6% compared to the previous year. Due to economic sanctions’ impact there was a dramatic fall in turnover of containerized cargo in 2015 , nevertheless, despite the continuation of sanctions, last year container cargo turnover at Riga port has been able to grow and almost reached the 2014 level.
- Published on Tuesday, 14 March 2017 09:04
The Freeport of Riga Board has adopted a number of important decisions in relation to the further progress of the biggest infrastructure project in the history of the port - “The Krievu Sala Infrastructure Development for Relocation of the Port Operation from the City Center”, thus speeding up project objectives attainment and preventing any risk of financial corrections, initiated by the European Commission. The project Action plan has been updated as well as a long-term operation plan, besides, there is an agreement with the stevedores on building the necessary connecting infrastructure and coal dust detection wall on Krievu Island (Krievu Sala).
- Published on Friday, 24 February 2017 11:03
The Freeport of Riga Board has adopted a conceptual resolution with the aim to find a new Freeport of Riga CEO by organizing an open competition, stipulating basic criteria for selection of the candidates for the CEO position as well as evaluation principles. The Freeport of Riga Board took a decision to establish the Freeport CEO selection nomination commission by March 1, 2017. It is planned to create the said commission by involving representatives of four ministries (Ministry of Transport, Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Environment and Regional Development, Ministry of Finance), two local government representatives and a representative of the Freeport as well as to call on the government social partners (Employers’ Confederation of Latvia (LDDK), Latvian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LTRK) and Free Trade Union Confederation of Latvia (LBAS). The Commission's management will be entrusted to the Ministry of Transport delegated representative.
- The Port of Riga starts the year with stable cargo turnover indicators
- The Freeport of Riga Authority in 2016 Improved Financial Performance
- The Port of Riga boasts new cargo handling records in December 2016
- The Canadian province of Alberta government is looking for cooperation opportunities in oil and gas product export to Europe
- “Tallink” ferries resume voyages from Riga to Stockholm on a daily basis
- More than one million tons of coal has been handled at the Freeport of Riga for the third month in a row
- The Freeport of Riga Authority participates in Russia's Transport Week events in Moscow
- The Freeport of Riga is ready for winter and ice navigation
- Riga port company “Riga Universal Terminal” launched an extensive reconstruction of berths
- Participation in “TransUzbekistan 2016” provides an opportunity to assess the vast potential for cooperation with Uzbekistan