- Published on Thursday, 10 March 2016 09:57
On Monday, February 29, Mrs Banashri Bose Harrison, the Ambassador of the Republic of India to Sweden and Latvia, accompanied by state officials and businessmen, visited the Freeport of Riga. The visit to the Freeport was organized to explore the opportunity to develop a cargo distribution and consolidation center on Kundzinsala. It is planned to create a multi-functional cargo handling, warehouse and logistics centre in the framework of the “Kundzinsala northern project”. Implementation of the project is scheduled in 3 stages in the period from 2015 to 2025. The project provides for the creation of the cargo distribution and consolidation center that will serve northern European, Russian and the CIS markets. It should be noted that during the period from 2010 to 2020 it is planned to develop the territory of 181 hectares, investing 460 million euros.
The European Parliament discussed the Regulation, which will hinder the development of Latvian ports
- Published on Thursday, 10 March 2016 09:44
The European Parliament's plenary session is scheduled on 7 March to discuss a Report on the proposal for a Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council establishing a framework on market access to port services and financial transparency of ports. The Freeport of Riga Authority shares and fully supports the position, expressed by Latvian ports association, stating that such a Regulation and implementation of its provisions might create a range of risks for Latvian port industry.
Students, taking part in the competition “The Port for the City”, will evaluate the Freeport’s of Riga contribution to the Latvian economy
- Published on Friday, 26 February 2016 13:44
The Freeport of Riga Authority invites the interested parties to take part in the annual scientific research competition for students “The Port for the City”, which aims to promote the port’s contribution to the Latvian economy, by identifying and analyzing the future options, involving goal-oriented and ambitious Latvian students.
- Cargo turnover volume at the Freeport of Riga complies with the last 5-year average.
- The Freeport of Riga Authority plans to participate in 11 international conferences and trade shows
- The Freeport of Riga Cargo Turnover Surpasses Cautious Forecasts
- Container Cargo Drop at the Freeport of Riga is the Least
- Ukrainian Agrarian Policy and Food Minister will visit the Freeport of Riga
- The Freeport of Riga ambitious Krievu Island project has been commissioned
- The Mayor of Kazakhstan capital Astana will visit the Freeport of Riga
- Everyone can apply for participation in a unique international photo campaign OSTA. CILVĒKS. VĒSTURE (PORT.PEOPLE.HISTORY.)
- Belgian and Dutch port managers will visit the Freeport of Riga
- The Freeport of Riga Authority presents the past and the present of the port