- Published on Friday, 15 July 2016 15:56
On June 14 one of the two exclusive trimaran yachts, built by the company “Latitude Yachts”, left the port of Riga. This yacht is the first one that was entirely built by the company “Latitude Yachts”. The company's exclusive boats are built in Sarkandaugava, on the territory of the Freeport of Riga, where the main production facilities of the company are located. Fifty-three-meter yachts are the longest yachts of its kind in the world and several innovative technological solutions, which are used only by the company “Latitude Yachts”, have been used in the framework of the manufacturing process.
The first half of the year results at the Freeport of Riga – Russian energy resources’ transit decreased, other cargo volume increased
- Published on Tuesday, 12 July 2016 15:20
In the first half-year of 2016 18.3 million tons of cargo were handled at the port, which is by 11.5% less than during the corresponding period of 2015. In the context of low demand for Russian energy resources in the European markets coal and oil product transit flow through the Riga port has decreased within this period, and volume of those products’ transshipment decreased by 19%. By contrast, the total volume of other cargo increased by 2.3% compared to the first half of 2015. This is a positive trend, as there is a decrease in energy resources share in the total cargo volume of the port. If during last year's six months the volume of handled coal and oil products accounted for 64% of the total port cargo turnover, then currently their share has dropped to 59%. Thus the Riga Port’s dependence on Russian transit cargoes has decreased.
- Published on Monday, 13 June 2016 17:59
On June 9 the foreign ambassadors, accredited in the Republic of Latvia, visited the Freeport of Riga. Every year in early summer the Chairman of the Riga City Council offers the foreign diplomats to visit some development object, that is important to our city and that our city can be proud of. This year, the ambassadors were invited to the boat trip around the Freeport of Riga water area, during which the Freeport of Riga Deputy CEO- Marketing Director Mr.Edgars Suna told the guests about the Freeport development, new projects, port companies and future plans.
- Chinese businessmen visited the Freeport of Riga
- The Freeport of Riga Authority participates in the “Green Cruise Port” project
- The first portal crane arrives at Krievu Island
- The Freeport of Riga Authority in Novosibirsk presents opportunities for cargo transshipment via the port of Riga
- German and Latvian ports are facing the same challenges
- In the framework of 16+1 format event Chinese businessmen visited the Freeport of Riga and met representatives of the port enterprises
- Deputy Mayor of Turku, the Port of Turku management and ferry line representatives visited the Freeport of Riga
- The amount of cargo handled at the Freeport of Riga is stable
- Minister-President of Flanders visits the Freeport of Riga
- Indian delegation was interested in development of the distribution center in Kundzinsala