- Published on Friday, 18 July 2014 15:16
On July 14, 2014, after the meeting with the senior officials of Latvia Mr. Masayuki Oku, vice president of Keidanren (Japan Business Federation) and Head of the Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group and his accompanying delegation of eight members paid visit to the Freeport of Riga Authority. The delegation was also accompanied by the Japanese Ambassador to Latvia Mr.Toshiyuki Taga.
The Chairman of the Freeport Board Mr.Andris Ameriks welcomed the important guests and presented the current situation in the port, investment and cooperation opportunities as well as the infrastructure and logistics development plans. Considering the fact that the “Rīgas Universālais terminals” is an indirect investment of the Japanese company Mitsui Corporation in Latvia, a particular terminal inspection was included into the agenda.
Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group is one of the largest financial groups in Japan. Keidanren comprises the major Japanese companies such as Toyota, Canon, Panasonic etc.
The Freeport of Riga Management Participates in the Development of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council
- Published on Friday, 18 July 2014 15:13
From July 1, 2014, Italy takes over the Presidency of the Council of the European Union, and will hold it until December 31, 2014. In the framework of its presidency Italy intends to work actively in the EU Council Shipping working group with the aim to reach agreement on “Proposal for a REGULATION OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL establishing a framework on market access to port services and financial transparency of ports” (COM(2013)296).
- Published on Thursday, 10 July 2014 14:42
On July 3, 2014 the State Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) in collaboration with the SIA “Riga fertilizer terminal” has organized practical local civil defense training. The training objective is to test and improve the established procedures and measures set out in the company's civil defense plan, in the external emergency plan and to check how the specialists, responsible for the object, interact with personnel of the rescue and emergency services and other state and local government institutions through the disaster management activities in case of adverse events or industrial accidents. The training scenario assumes that there has been an industrial accident at the SIA “Riga fertilizer terminal” resulting in fatalities.
- Austrian businessmen delegation will visit the Freeport of Riga
- Estonian Maritime Academy faculty delegation visited the Freeport of Riga
- President of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation will visit the Freeport of Riga
- Due to cargo handling optimization the Freeport of Riga strengthens its position among the port of the Baltic States
- The Freeport of Riga significantly boosts cargo volume
- The most talented students will present their ideas about the development of the Freeport of Riga
- The Freeport of Riga boasts 13,2% growth of cargo turnover
- For the second consecutive year the Freeport of Riga is the leading port of the Baltics
- Port Police Performance in 2013
- The Freeport Board stipulates the 100 % rebate in regards of shifting