- Published on Tuesday, 14 February 2017 09:55
Foto: A. Gronsky
In the first month of the current year the Port of Riga handled 3.20 million tons of various cargo and comparing this result to January of the previous year, when the total cargo turnover of the port was 3.27 million tons, it has remained virtually at the same level. Comparing port monthly turnover figures, it should be noted that January 2016 was one of the most successful months of the last year and, assessing the year in general, cargo turnover in January 2017 exceeded the last year's average monthly rate by 3.7%. These figures demonstrate a stable operation of the port and provide optimism expecting 2017 results. The positive factor is growing number of accommodated vessels at the beginning of the year. Compared to January of the last year the number of vessels’ calls has increased in January of the current year – it refers to such vessels as passenger ships, container ships, tankers and dry cargo carriers.
Detailed statistics on cargo turnover at the Freeport of Riga is available here.
- Published on Tuesday, 07 February 2017 16:01
According to the preliminary financial data in 2016 the Freeport of Riga revenues exceeded expenditures by 13 million EUR. The said amount is by 1 million EUR more than operational performance indicators of 2015. The FPRA’s excess of revenues over expenses is invested into maintenance of the Riga port infrastructure.
- Published on Thursday, 12 January 2017 11:01
In December 2016 a total of 3.7 million tons of cargo was handled at the port terminals and it's been the most successful month of the last year. Compared to November 2016 a monthly amount of handled cargo increased by 27.6%. The rapid growth of cargo turnover at the port might be attributed to the increasing volume of handled coal. Due to high coal price Russian coal exports via Riga port have again significantly increased. In December 1.6 million tons of coal were dispatched from Riga by sea, it was the largest single month coal throughput volume over the port's history.
In 2016 the port of Riga handled 37.1 million tons of various cargo. However, it is by about 3 million tons, or 7.5% less than in 2015, but in general the last year was the third best year in the history of the port. According to the cargo turnover the year of 2016 has been outperformed solely by the years of 2014 and 2015, when a record amount of energy cargo was transported via the port. The decrease of coal and oil product transit flows most significantly affected the overall turnover figures in 2016, because the said cargo still accounts for more than half of the cargo handled at the port. At the same time there are positive facts - the rest of the total volume of cargo increased by 4.6%, thus gradually diversifying and balancing the different types of cargo transshipment via the port of Riga, as well as reducing dependence on Russian transit cargoes.
Detailed statistics on cargo turnover at the Freeport of Riga is here.
- The Canadian province of Alberta government is looking for cooperation opportunities in oil and gas product export to Europe
- “Tallink” ferries resume voyages from Riga to Stockholm on a daily basis
- More than one million tons of coal has been handled at the Freeport of Riga for the third month in a row
- The Freeport of Riga Authority participates in Russia's Transport Week events in Moscow
- The Freeport of Riga is ready for winter and ice navigation
- Riga port company “Riga Universal Terminal” launched an extensive reconstruction of berths
- Participation in “TransUzbekistan 2016” provides an opportunity to assess the vast potential for cooperation with Uzbekistan
- The Freeport of Riga Authority was represented at the biggest hydrography event HYDRO 2016
- A record high cargo turnover at the port of Riga in October
- In the framework of the Summit 16 + 1 the Freeport of Riga Authority welcomes Chinese business delegations