- Published on Monday, 13 June 2016 17:59
On June 9 the foreign ambassadors, accredited in the Republic of Latvia, visited the Freeport of Riga. Every year in early summer the Chairman of the Riga City Council offers the foreign diplomats to visit some development object, that is important to our city and that our city can be proud of. This year, the ambassadors were invited to the boat trip around the Freeport of Riga water area, during which the Freeport of Riga Deputy CEO- Marketing Director Mr.Edgars Suna told the guests about the Freeport development, new projects, port companies and future plans.
- Published on Friday, 10 June 2016 17:53
June 8 the Riga port was visited by a delegation from the People's Republic of China, representing Hainan Airlines Company Limited. The company representatives had come to Latvia to get acquainted with investment opportunities and expressed a wish to visit the port of Riga in order to explore opportunities for cooperation. Chinese businessmen met with the Freeport of Riga CEO Mr. Leonids Loginovs and enjoyed a boat tour around the Riga port water area. In the framework of the boat trip the guests were introduced to the Riga port investment projects and opportunities for cooperation with the Riga port companies.
- Published on Thursday, 09 June 2016 17:35
As one of the most active European cruise ports, the Freeport of Riga has been involved in the project “Green Cruise Port - Sustainable Development of Cruise Port Locations”. The project is financed by the European Regional Development Fund and aims to foster cooperation between cruise ports with the aim to address the issues at stake, as well as to promote sustainability of all the ports involved in the project and their qualitative development. On June 6 and 7 the project Steering Committee meeting took place in Bergen (Norway), where the Freeport of Riga Authority was represented by Marketing Department cruise traffic expert Ms.Laura Apoga.
- The first portal crane arrives at Krievu Island
- The Freeport of Riga Authority in Novosibirsk presents opportunities for cargo transshipment via the port of Riga
- German and Latvian ports are facing the same challenges
- In the framework of 16+1 format event Chinese businessmen visited the Freeport of Riga and met representatives of the port enterprises
- Deputy Mayor of Turku, the Port of Turku management and ferry line representatives visited the Freeport of Riga
- The amount of cargo handled at the Freeport of Riga is stable
- Minister-President of Flanders visits the Freeport of Riga
- Indian delegation was interested in development of the distribution center in Kundzinsala
- The European Parliament discussed the Regulation, which will hinder the development of Latvian ports
- Students, taking part in the competition “The Port for the City”, will evaluate the Freeport’s of Riga contribution to the Latvian economy